responsiblegovernmentpg

Working for strong schools, safe streets and smart development in my local community as well as the state of Maryland and America. Supporting legislation that can transform the lives of marginalized communities (black/brown people girls/women disabled/elderly). I believe that one person can make a difference!

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

A BLACK WOMAN ON THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT? IN MY LIFETIME?

 I could not believe that America would elect a black man as President and now I am faced with the realization that there may be a black woman on the SCOTUS! I was born into segregation, when I was in middle school in Annapolis, Maryland we integrated the school. When Kamala Harris was sworn in as MVP I thought that was it for the most loyal Democratic Party voters. There is so much too still accomplish in the area of voting rights and social justice that some people are trying to put a damper on these things but I grew up in a time when colored girls did not have thses kind of things happen to them. This is truly the best of times and the worst of times.